PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE.
By using this website, you consent to these terms and conditions of use in addition to any other law or regulation that applies to the website, the Internet, and/or the World Wide Web. If you do not agree to these terms of service and conditions of use please do not use the website. We reserve the right, in our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these terms and conditions at any time. Please check these terms and conditions periodically for changes. Your continued use of this website following our posting of any changes to these terms and conditions means that you accept those changes.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE.
COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARKS AND OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
The entire content on this website (whether text, graphics, images, sound or programming code) is copyrighted under the laws of the United States of America and other foreign countries and is the property of L.A. Gear, Inc., its licensors and content suppliers. All trademarks, service marks and trade names of L.A. Gear used in this website (including but not limited to the L.A. Gear® name, Catapult® and the flash design) are trademarks or registered trademarks of L.A. Gear, Inc. unless otherwise indicated. All elements contained in LA. Gear?s websites, including its design and content are protected by trade dress, copyright (including moral rights), trademark and other laws relating to intellectual property rights. You may not copy any portion of this website or its contents for distribution, transmission, republication or for any commercial purpose or use or to create any derivative works therefrom. You may not download software from this website nor decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce the software to a human readable form.
This website and the information and graphics on this website are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, L.A. Gear disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. L.A. Gear does not represent or warrant that the functions contained in this website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that the defects will be corrected, or that this website or the server that makes this website available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Some states do not permit limitations or exclusions on warranties, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
L.A. Gear shall not be liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages that result from your use of, or your inability to use this website even if L.A. Gear has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Applicable law may not allow the limitation of exclusion of liability or incidental, special or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Your Use of This Website
Harassment in any manner or form on the website, including via e-mail, chat, or by use of obscene or abusive language, is strictly forbidden. Impersonation of others, including a L.A. Gear employee or representative, is prohibited. You may not upload to, distribute, or otherwise publish through the website any content which is libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, illegal, or otherwise objectionable which may constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or which may otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law. You may not upload commercial content on the website or use the website to solicit others.
L.A. Gear does not and cannot review all communications and materials posted to or created by users accessing the website, and is not in any manner responsible for the content of these communications and materials. You acknowledge that L.A. Gear is merely acting as a passive conduit for such communications and is not undertaking any obligation or other responsibility relating to content submitted by others or to their activities on the website. However, L.A. Gear reserves the right to block visitors to the website or remove communications or materials submitted any person its deems objectionable or undesirable.
In an attempt to provide increased value to our visitors, L.A. Gear may link to websites operated by third parties. However, even if the third party is affiliated with L.A. Gear, L.A. Gear has no control over these linked websites, all of which have separate privacy and data collection practices, independent of L.A. Gear. These linked websites are only for your convenience and therefore you access them at your own risk.
Commitment To Your Privacy
This website is owned and operated by L.A. Gear, Inc. Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At L.A. Gear, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policies surrounding the collection and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we collect from website visitors and how we use it.
Information L.A. Gear Collects and Tracks
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, to register on our website, to contact our customer service department via emails, to participate in our message boards or forums, to email a friend, to place orders and from participation in polls, surveys and sweepstakes.
- Polling We may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues. Opinions or other responses to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user. L.A. Gear may use a system to "tag" users after they have voted, so they can vote only once on a particular question. This tag is not correlated with information about individual users.
- Surveys L.A. Gear may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our sponsors, advertisers and partners. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
- Sweepstakes/Contests Any sweepstakes and other contests will be subject to special rules which will be identified on this website.
- Information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our websites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers' needs and to help our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience. Under no circumstances does L.A. Gear divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
- Traffic Patterns L.A. Gear tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our websites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. L.A. Gear does break down overall usage statistics according to a user's domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user's browser).
- Tracking by Search Terms L.A. Gear sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our websites users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
- Policies for Individuals Age 16 and Under (which we believe parents should enforce):
- L.A. Gear creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers, sponsors and partners. This allows our advertisers to advertise more effectively, and allows our users to receive advertisements that are pertinent to their needs. Because we don't track the usage patterns of individual users, an advertiser or sponsor will never know that a specific user clicked their ad.
- As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out information electronically and to enable users to participate in polls, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, message boards, and forums.
- Uses of Collected Information
- No information should be submitted to or posted by children 16 years of age or under without their parent's or guardian's consent.
- No information collected from children 16 years of age or under is used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever, either inside or outside L.A. Gear.
- Unless otherwise disclosed during collection, L.A. Gear does not provide any personally identifying information, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever.
- Although children may be allowed to participate in contests, children ages 16 and under must get their parent's or guardian's permission before entering any sweepstakes or contests.L.A. Gear operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such as:
- OPT-OUT POLICY
- Opting not to register to receive our electronic communications; or
- YOUR CONSENT